Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Asparagus and Bacon stuffed Pork Tenderloin

This was a fun recipe to do, but a definite time intensive one and the result was super yummy.  I spend a lot more time being adventurous in the kitchen on the weekends when we are hanging out at the casa and have no pending sports activities in the evenings...ah the the weekends what I look forward to all week long and then of course they are over in the blink of an eye.  And then I procrastinate until mid next week to put up a weekend night meal...lame I know but if you decide to follow this blog we are just gonna have to get real right now, there are kids and husband to feed first, a ton of laundry to get done and cleaning because of my neat freak tendencies (I really need to work on that), so my apologies if you are waiting on the edges of your seats for a recipe come Monday...  I'll try to be better at this posting. 


Right now I am posting this while simultaneously watching "New Girl" my new favorite show, second to "The Mindy Project."  So if I misspell things or have terrible grammar, we are going to have to get another thing straight...I am horrible at multitasking!  Don't be afraid to call me out on it either I am not a sensitive sally I promise.

Well back to the Pork Tenderloin ah it was pretty awesome and will definitely be a repeat in our house.  So lets get at it shall we?

Ingredients:
  • 2 lb pork tenderloin
  • 1 lb asparagus(chopped into 1 inch pieces)
  • 5 slices of bacon
  • 4 cups of spinach
  • 3 garlic cloves (minced)
  • 1/2 onion (diced)
  • 1 tbsp diced rosemary
Lemon sauce
  • 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 tbsp lemon zest
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
  • pinch of pepper
Method:

Preheat oven to 375.  Cook the bacon in a cast-iron skillet or non-stick skillet until crispy, remove and reserve the bacon fat in the pan.  Add the asparagus and onion into the bacon fat cook for a couple minutes then add in the spinach and garlic.  Saute until asparagus is tender and spinach is wilted then set aside.  Slice the tenderloins in half, but not all the way through kind of like you are opening a book.   Pound the tenderloins with a meat mallet until about 3/4 inches thick.  Season with salt and pepper then add the asparagus and spinach stuffing onto the pork.  Crumble up the bacon then add on top of the stuffing.  Roll the tenderloin up, narrow end first.  Secure with toothpicks.  Place on a greased baking sheet and place in oven for approximately 45 min or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.  While the pork is cooking whisk together the ingredients for the lemon sauce.  When the meat is done take it out and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.  Slice it carefully so as not to dismantle the stuffing.  Serve with the lemon sauce drizzled on top.  Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment