- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 2 lb ground bison or beef ( I used 1 lb of bison 1 lb beef)
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 cup of peeled and diced butternut squash (I just added this as I had it on hand, you don't have to)
- 28 oz of canned, diced tomatoes (I used Muir glen organic tomatoes)
- 32 oz of vegetable broth
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- avocado for garnish
- diced green onions for garnish
- cilantro (optional)
Combine all of the spices in a small bowl. Melt the coconut oil in a large pot, add in the onions and cook until translucent and a little brown around the edges.
Add in the diced sweet potatoes, squash (if using) and celery.
Mix up with the meat then add in the canned tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for approximately 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally until sweet potatoes are softened. Serve with avocados and green onions and cilantro and Enjoy!