Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Cauliflower "rice"

I like to whip up a batch of this when I make "Mexican" food, or South-westerny types of food.  I say "Mexican" in quotations because I clearly am not Mexican so its just my valid attempt to make something that tastes "Mexican."  I am not really a big rice person to begin with, but for those who like to have rice as a side dish this is a nice alternative.  For me its just another fun way to prepare cauliflower, because steaming it just gets boring after awhile.  This recipe is so darn easy you might just want to make it a staple in your weeknight meal planning.


  • 1/2 of a head of cauliflower ( I only use a half because a whole head yields too much for us)
  • 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil
  • Juice of 1 Lime
  • Chili powder (to taste)
  • Salt and Pepper (to taste)
  • cilantro for garnishing

Chop the cauliflower into smaller segments then place into a blender or food processor and process until the cauliflower resembles grains of rice.  Heat the coconut oil in your non-stick pan or cast-iron skillet, add the riced cauliflower to the hot pan and cook until tender (should only be a few min), stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.  Drizzle the lemon juice over the riced cauliflower then add your spices in the amounts you desire, garnish with cilantro.  Enjoy!  Cooks much faster than rice too which is awesome when you are crunched for time.



No comments:

Post a Comment