Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Macro-Mix Lunch

So lunch time is the meal I know I need to eat enough macro-nutrients to get me through the next half of the day and enough to fuel my weight training in the evening.  I make sure to have a lean protein, lots of veggies, a fat source, and a carb source.  Today's lunch happens to be a perfect example of this, and I am still full from it 3 hours later. 


I don't even know what to call this maybe 10 minute skillet macro-mix?  I don't know but it was super tasty and filling.  What I used:

  • 1 tsp coconut oil
  • 5 oz of leftover chicken breast (cut or shredded into pieces)
  • l handful of washed, dried, chopped kale (stems removed)
  • 1/4 of a leftover "yellow" yam
  • 1/4 of a leftover sweet potato (these had been previously cooked, but you could zap them in microwave for a couple minutes to soften them before adding to the skillet
  • 1/4 avocado
  • 1/2 large apple ( I think it was a braeburn but really any would probably do)

Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet, I used cast-iron.  Add the kale to the oil, mix around a bit, then add the chicken and softened yams.  Cook for a couple minutes until everything is warmed through and the kale is wilted down a bit, add in the chopped apples last just to warm up really quick, but not too long, you still want them a tad crunchy for a texture difference.  Slide all of this into a large bowl and eat as is, or if you are obsessed with dijon like I am I added about a tbsp of it and mixed it in. Weird right?  Not if you had this incredible French mustard that my mother-in-law gave me, you would do the same trust me!


No comments:

Post a Comment