Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring Cleaning

So I may have been MIA for a bit the past week, primarily due to the fact that I was doing the 6 month purge, organization and re-decoration of my house.  I was able to get some much needed cleaning done, I am a serious neat freak and I can't stand clutter, so I felt like the walls were closing in on me with all of this extra stuff hanging around the house.  I am feeling much more organized and ready to tackle what the next few months of spring and summer have to offer.  I am sorry I haven't posted any recipes yet, but not to worry, I have a few ready to get posted soon.  This month has already flown by so quickly, my husband and I have both celebrated our birthdays, we have sprung forward with daylight savings time and now we are almost halfway through the month!  I am constantly in awe at how quickly time flies by when you are having fun.


So now that I am back to training a bit harder and following more of a stricter lower-carb paleo protocol around (40 grams of carbs/day), I am constantly searching for new ideas/recipes from other blogs.  Some of my favorites are listed on my side bar, I would love some feedback on what paleo/healthy eating blogs you follow?  Also what kind of training programs are you all following?  I love Bodybuilding.com, there are some great programs to follow for different skill levels, I am currently utilizing the Erin Stern training program.  It has been pretty awesome so far, I especially love doing the heavy lifting Olympic style moves, she also incorporates sprinting and a metcon(metabolic conditioning) workout everyweek.  I also am a huge fan of Jaime Eason, she posts some great modifications for at home "heavy lifting," which can  be a lifesaver for me since I have a 3 year old, going to the "big kids" gym can be a bit of a challenge at times. 

Some things I have in the works right now are menu plans, I hope to have some different menu/meal plans up here soon for purchase.  My goal is to have a menu plan for a 1600 calorie protocol, a bulking protocol for those looking to gain muscle mass, and maybe some other variations.  Things I won't have are ultra-low calorie plan, or any plans following USDA standards.  If you are looking to start eating Paleo, but don't know where to start my goal is to have a semi-easy to follow plan for all.  I would also like to do customize plans as well, but those may take additional coordination to determine goals, needs and etc.  Please email me or leave me feedback at what you would like to see?  Also it has come to my attention that some people are curious as to what I eat in a typical day so I will try to have a post up of that asap, this might not be consistent but every once in awhile I will put one up. 

So all in all I just wanted to let you all know I didn't fall off the Earth, but rather I am just getting things in gear so I can push out some better content.  I hope you are all experiencing some nice weather much like what we have had the past few days, if not I am sure it is soon to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment