What I used:
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 3 potatoes (peels on cut into quarters or smaller if you have large potatoes)
- 1 head of broccoli cut into bite-sized florets (don't cut too small you don't want them crispy while the carrots and potatoes take longer to cook)
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped into chunks like the carrots
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Wash, and prep all of your vegetables while the oven is preheating. Melt the coconut oil either on the stove-top or in the microwave. Line a large baking sheet in parchment paper (make sure it can withstand up to 425 degrees), or I like to use a Silpat, these are amazing and if you don't own some you should consider buying...nothing will ever stick to your pan again! Toss the veggies onto the baking sheet and drizzle the oil on top of them, you can use a spoon or whatever to kind of "mix" the veggies around to help get even distribution of the oil. Don't stress about it too much. Next sprinkle on the salt and pepper, however much you desire. Pop into the oven and roast for approximately 15-25 minutes. This time will vary depending on how hot your oven cooks, how done you like your veggies and how big the chunks are that you chopped. Anyways just check in on them from time to time until they are to your liking. The broccoli might have a blackish look to the florets, but not to fear they are awesome this way. These vegetables taste great as a side to my Whole Chicken in a Crock-Pot. Enjoy!