- 3-4 large white turnips or 5-6 smaller ones (peeled and diced into 1 inch pieces)
- 4 oz of pancetta (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 leek (washed and chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 3 cups chopped greens (kale or mustard greens would work)
- 4-6 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Make sure all of your veggies and the pancetta are prepped (washed, peeled, chopped). Melt the coconut oil in a large pot, when it is good and hot add the chopped leek and saute for a couple minutes then add the garlic and saute for an additional minute until fragrant. Add the pancetta and sautee for a few min, then add in the turnips cooking and stirring for an additional 2 minutes. Cover with the stock and bring to a boil. Turn to low and simmer for about 30-40 min or until the turnips are soft. Add in the greens just 10 min before the soup is finished, enough to soften them a bit. Enjoy!