Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Not-completely Paleo Banana Bread

I have had 4 overly ripe bananas taking up residence on my counter for almost a week now, begging to be molded into an amazing dessert. My go to....banana bread...this particular banana bread is not completely Paleo with my addition of Nutella...just wanted to throw out that disclaimer in case the Paleo police come a knockin.  My 8 year old LOVES Nutella so I wanted to surprise him with some in the bread.  And as for most things I post I had to have the confirmation of yuminess from at least 3 parties...and that I did folks.  I loved it so much that it was my post-run treat/lunch.  And I ate it while watching "How I met your Mother," which is my new favorite show by the way, its pretty much awesome.  Double awesome afternoon for me.  I am still in season 1 so please don't blow it for me, but I am getting seriously annoyed with Ted and Robin...I mean come on would they just get together already?  At any rate I hope you all try and enjoy this recipe as much as we all did! 
I apologize for the blurry picture...I don't know what went wrong...maybe I was just way too excited to eat this that I didn't balance the meter properly, oh well let the recipe speak for itself and Enjoy!



Ingredients:

  • 4 ripe bananas (mashed)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/3 cup of coconut oil melted
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 1/3 cup Enjoy life chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  • 1 heaping tbsp nutella
 Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix everything up into a medium sized bowl.  Grease a bread pan with coconut oil then place the batter into the pan.  Bake for approximately 45-60 minutes, or until center is set and the top and edges are golden.  Enjoy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment