Ok lets get down to business already! If you like coconut flavors and cinnamon then this ice cream recipe if for you! This is a perfectly sweet, dairy-less concoction that I think anyone would love, paleo and non-paleo alike. So give it a whirl, you just might like it! Disclaimer mine turned out super awesome because I had access to Trader Joes canned Coconut Cream
Word of warning: This is very cinnamoney (not sure if thats a word) if you don't love cinnamon dial the amount down or omit all-together.
So now that we have all the legal mumbo jumbo down lets get crackalackin' (sorry too much Madagascar watching in my past)
- 1 can of Trader Joes Coconut Cream or full-fat coconut milk (13.5 oz or so)
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk (in carton,trader joes has one without careenegen) or unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup of honey
- 1 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- toasted coconut or coconut chips optional for topping (but highly recommend :))
Make sure the ice cream maker's bowl has been pre-chilled as per manufacturers instructions. Blend all of the ingredients in a blender for approximately 45 seconds or until all blended (just not too long, it will get to hot) Place in the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturers directions... mine took between 20-30 minutes. Top with this yummy coconut strip topping
Look at my cute little helper....he was fascinated by this machine and loved the ice cream!